ArteNOM Seleccion 1146 Tequila Anejo Mt Atotonilco El Alto 100% Blue Weber Agave 40% 750ml \n \nProvenance \nAt Tequileâ€“a in the eponymous town of Tequila, Jalisco, home to a range of celebrated tequilas, Master Distiller Enrique Fonseca distills agave predominantly grown in and around his highland hometown of Atotonilco el Alto. For this aâ€“ejo expression, Enrique ages select tequilas initially in used Cabernet Franc wine barrels from the Loire Valley of France for a minimum of 14 months. The tequila is then extracted from the French oak and laid into toasted American white oak previously used to age either Canadian whiskey or Tennessee rye whiskey, for a minimum of 14 additional months, for a truly masterful balance of oak and agave flavors. \n \nTasting Notes \nColor: rich amber \nNose: butterscotch, citrus, baking spices, vanilla \nPalate: toffee, walnut candy, custard, orange zest, dark chocolate \n \nData \nMaster Distiller: Enrique Fonseca \nNOM: 1146 \nAltitude: 5,541' / 1,689 m \nProof: 80 \nABV: 40% \nBrix: 26Â¡ - 27Â¡ from Tequilana Weber Agave grown at 4,600 in municipio of Atotonlico el Alto, Jalisco \n \nProcess \n
- Halved & quartered (cogollo_removed) agave steam_roasted without pressure in steel oven \n
- 30hr roast including 6hr pre_roast to melt_off bitters and 6hr cool_down \n
- Juice extraction with proprietary screw press method \n
- Fermented in stainless steel vats using Mendoza wine yeast strains \n
- Double_distilled in copper_pot stills to approx. 53% ABV and reduced with reverse_osmosis demineralized water \n
- 60% 2_year Loire Valley French Oak blended with 40% 3_year Loire Valley French Oak, then moved to age \none additional year in American White Oak formerly used for Bourbon Whiskey, bottled at 40% ABV \n
- Opens in a new window.